View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 PM

did some work on the buggy today, the quick release wheel hub came in today, said it wasn't going to be here till tomorrow so I couldn't wait. Took out the steering shaft, used the metal chop saw and had to cut the flange off the shaft so I could slip the new one on. The stock steering wheel worked with the hub, which saved me money on a new wheel, all I had to do was drill the mounting wholes slightly bigger, the threads where also slightly bigger on the new wheel hub, love having tons of nuts and bolts on hand, I was able to slap new bolts and washers on. Once I had the new quick release hex welded on the shaft, I couldn't mount the stock location of the steering shaft loop back on! So I had to cut that off and reposition it, and weld that back on and she fits mint now. Not bad for an hours work of fabricating. All and all I love the fact that it makes getting in and out so much nicer now, the only thing I would say I'm not completely happy with is that theres a little bit of sloop in the hex and the hub itself, but not terrible and I'm sure it wont bother me once I get this thing going. Also forgot to add that having the quick release setup is great for theft! good luck steering it if you try to steal it is what I tell myself.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 01-13-2017 at 08:24 PM.