Thread: land to ride on
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Lite Contributor

OK...Born in Philly, but living in South NJ for 38 years now, I gotta chime in.
Riding legally in NJ=Pipe dreams.
Of course, there is the off chance that you know someone with more than a few acres left without a house or another property butting up against it...but in my experience, that has been slim and none. Not counting the extreme northwest end of the state-that's not really NJ anymore tho anyway-more PA or NY rules going on up there.
Other than that, it is all highly illeagal and at your own risk...with that in mind, there are many communities that are ATV FRIENDLY-meaning they most likely will not call the cops on you or have your rig towed. These too, are few and far between.
There are public spots here and there in the state that locals know-if you can park at a friend's house or in a really tucked in area, you can usually get away with it. That is how I ride-and I ride OFTEN!
I am located in Pitman, NJ-about 40 min west of Atlantic City, and about 30 min east of Center City in Philly(where the stadiums are). I am 30 minutes from Wharton State Forest in Batsto, NJ. There is A LOT of riding down here...but most, if not all, is illeagal and pretty hot. BUT, we still have a great time.
Now, I also own an enduro(or dual sport) bike, which, in my opinion, is the only way to go as far as off road motorsports that are legal in NJ. You can ride on any public land(state parks, etc) with an enduro.
Unfortunately, these are the only options in NJ. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Any info you need-PM me. I would be happy to let anyone in on my spots.
UNI w/custom intake, 125 main/38 pilot, tuned pipe, 9000rpm CDI w/**** adapter, 10g rollers, stock clutch w/2000rpm clutch springs, 2000rpm engagement spring, Orange Hi perf coil w/NGK cable, STI HD1 wheels with Carlisle Turf Master tires, NHL puck shifter knob, aftermarket steering wheel, (roll cage in process of modifications)