View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Lite Contributor

Default New trailmaster 150cc xrx

Hello all,

I just bought a new trailmaster 150cc xrx for my son for Christmas. I was only able to ride it 4 blocks down to my fathers garage to hide until then. I did notice that the brake pedal felt firm but didn't seem to stop that great. I know with emergency brake engaged I could still push it back and forth with little effort.

1. Is it common to have to bleed the brakes on new buggy and adjust emergency brake or are these things not able to stop as quick as I'm thinking?figured I would be able to lock the rears up on the dirt road. I really didn't have time to experiment just something I noticed.

2. When checking if it had gas in it so I could drive it to fathers house, there is no gas gauge. Figured even a fuel sight line at best. Have you guys found a gas cap with fuel gauge in it that fit? Would be better than taking cap off and looking Into a dark tank to see where it's at all the time until I figure out how good it is on gas.

I'll have some free time to go mess with it again Monday after work. Plan on checking brakes, changing/flushing engine oil and gear case oil, checking all the bolts and nuts, more zip ties on all the wires dangling around and just looking over good before Christmas Day.