View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 AM
Lurker

Default Clean...er

after passing the tear-down inspection with no signs of wear or damage to the inner workings, the engine got a light cleaning and even some paint on the valve cover. The green helps me remember which side is up.

The black plastic and rubber parts seem to look best with a wipe down of silicone spray. And, I could be wrong, but I think it helps to preserve them to some degree the way that Armorall does. Maybe I need to science that one someday...

Back to the point. I got the wiring harness pulled out of the chassis so I could attempt to start this thing on the "stand". It was much easier with the floor out too. I borrowed the battery from my daughters powerwheels Jeep because the one that came in the buggy was toast. Double checked my assembly completeness, added some oil and spun it over. crank, crank, crank... no start. Not terribly surprised by that. Mostly just wanted to see if I'd get lucky with the "Irish green" valve cover. I think I'll order some tune-up parts, have a look in the carb for any trash and try again next time.

In the meantime, let's take this to the next level and make it a full frame up build.