View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmansracerocket View Post
Welcome back, thats a good pick up for $130, but also looks like alot of work, great find, great rescue.
Ya it needs some front end work also. Front end suspension design kinda looks similar to the yerf dog. Looks like the previous owner hit something and bent the control arm brackets. I was also aware of the internal reverse on this buggy and heard of people having issues with the gears shearing/wearing out. I've taken it apart and verified that the transmission shifts and works properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gy6buggy88 View Post
I have the exact same baja reaction 150, bought it last year in pretty well the same condition. Did a lot of the mods your planning. Finding a pair of adult size seats that will fit that frame is next to impossible, unless you pull car seats from maybe a Honda or a Mazda. Buying original factory seats is crazy expensive, plus there cheap quality and not very comfortable. I would suggest used seats from a RZR side-by-side atv. Let me know if I can help.
Well I ended up buying a race seat with sliders from a guy off craigslist. will get pics up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
I had one of these for the wife for a couple years. I think the rzr seats are a good call, for as good of condition as the one I had was in, the seats were still painful. fun machine, nice and quick with a few of the standard mods.
This buggy seems to be a little bigger than some of the other. Seems to have a longer wheel base.

So I got some progress! Started putting the motor back together. Got to the point where I wanted to install the piston and mount the head, but I ran into an issue. I could not find any of the dowel rods! The previous owner tore the engine apart and had no idea what he was doing. I'm suspecting that I didn't lose the dowel rods, I don't think the guy who tore the engine apart installed them back, hence the engine locking up. The cam cap was also missing the dowel rods and that was cracked in 3 pieces.

It also looks like the previous owner had the crankcase bored to fit a bigger bore. I now feel bad for only stepping up to a 155cc bbk

Also found out I bought the wrong dr.pulley sliders. I got 12g instead of 10g Gonna try them out before I decide to change them.

got a yellow spring

upgraded to titanium valve springs I had laying around

Ended up buying pretty much everything new. New Crank, Bearings, seals, BBK with new head, plastics, Electrical components, Carb, Wire harness, etc. Would of probably been cheaper just to buy a new engine lol.

Depending on how the buggy is going to perform, I would like try do a sprocket swap. How would I be able to do that since this buggy uses a dual sprocket? Can I just get a single 39t sprocket and use it with one chain?

Oh I also bought new front rims/tires! 20-7-8 Carlisle Trail Wolf

Last edited by andrew1320; 03-02-2017 at 10:14 PM.