View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 08:09 AM
Heavy Contributor

The nuts are molded into the plastic of the seat. And thats what's busted on 3 of the 4 bolts. And on each location, the plastic raises slightly. By rights the buggy should be ok to drive, long as keep 5 points on. All mounting points on the 5 points are mounted to frame. However, the seat moves alot when making any sharp turns. Shifts your wieght pretty good when doing so. And could affect your stearing while driving trying to keep balance in the seat.
(yes, its spiderbox)
did some more looking. Just depends on how you word your search. Yerf-dog seat, dont work to good. and ones I found after shipping was going to be $90.00 for a used one. But changed search to High back race plastic seat, or something like that. Much more options, and finally found free shipping. $52.00 with shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A30XU5Y510T9EB
I'm sure the mounting nuts on the bottom, wont match what I have. But seat is very close. And it's a upgrade. Adjustments will need to be made. But hell of alot better than paying $100.00 for a basicly a cheap plastic seat. However, not sure if even can afford the $52.00 right now. forgot have tags due. So might half to temp fix what I got. There is some pics from the link that shows how the nuts are set in the bottom of the seat. Will take the seat off this weekend, and see if can get a few better pics.