View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 04:58 AM
Contributor

No need to feel sorry for the old coot. He still gets around and has his fun. He was riding his 4 wheeler today. Something else you might look into if the fuel lines were a problem is to replace the vacuum and vent hoses. You can pick up a few feet of good silicone hose to replace the rubber and be done with it. Silicone doesn't degrade like rubber does and almost lasts a lifetime. I do this on everything I own. You can get all fancy and do neon colored or just go with simple black.

Cheapest mods is remove the factory intake and do the "redneck" intake and rejet the carb for more power. After that I suggest playing with the weights in the trans to get it dialed in for the type of riding you do. That doesn't add power but tunes it more or less. If sound aint a problem you can put a better flowing exhaust on it. Exhaust mods can get costly. A muffler swap isn't that bad but bumping up the size can be unless you can weld it yourself.

Anything after that starts getting more involved mechanics wise and costly. My biggest bang for the buck was a cam. I can't speak for it myself but then you can big bore it. From my research I would suggest one of the 170-180cc kits. Seems anything bigger has reliability problems IMHO.

Last edited by neo71665; 10-27-2017 at 05:02 AM.