View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Carter Talon 150cc (early)

These are interesting machines. This is one of the earliest mini buggies available as evident by the lack of the rear rack. I estimate this machine to be about a 2004 model. Stock 8" wheels as well. The biggest drawback that I can tell is I am not real sure about the reliability of these. The reason i say this is this machine here had a unique problem in that it sheared the keyway off of the crank. I don't see that very often. Was kinda a pain to change. The reason i think this is relavant is I recently looked at another one just like it and the top end was gone in it. After seeing a few like this I question the reliability of them.

The other major down side is that the way they have these geared, they are one of the slower models out there with a top end of barely 30 mph. These early models also used a bench seat which some people don't care for. If I shop for another one, I'd never consider another one if it wasn't already in running form.

Pros: Nothing that really stands out other than maybe the ability to get them a little cheaper than others due to lack of ammenities.

Cons: Reliability is in question No rack on the back. Standard 8" wheels.

BuggyMasters Overall Rating: 6 out of 10 (at best)