View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Heavy Contributor

Will keep an eye on that Sycarms. Every time I think I might work on it a little bit. Forget half the stuff that needs to be done. Just going to make a check off list on my phone.
I had already brought up that the back brace on the spider box cracked. I temp welded it, for when my brother came down. Like I guess, it's cracked again. I had brought this up before on here. And was told it would be best to reinforce it. Whats the best way to do that? Was just going to take some 1/4 strips of metal. And weld it a cross the area where it's cracked.
Now that think about it, is that going to be enough? Should I reinforce it all the way a cross? fab another x-member for the support? Both? What would ppl suggest? Might try to do that this week. Need to get it done, so can get it painted, before weather really starts to turn cold.
Brace on the lower right end, is my fabed bracket that holds the reverse box in place. What had to do, since room limited on right side exhaust.
Also fabed a ball hitch brackets on the left center. Now if need to, can remove that, and put back on. Really, not sure if will work how have it anyway. So no biggy. But would prefer to leave the bracket for the reverse box. Took a while to figure out a way to make it hold solid.
So, should I reinforce all the way across that x-member? Or will it be OK to just brace it a few inches on either side of the crack? Is it likely to crack in other locations?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back of Yerf.jpg (93.0 KB, 62 views)