View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Lurker

Hello everyone this is my first post. I'm diving head first into karting with zero experience (after pressure from my in-laws to buy my 9 and 7 yr old boys an ATV, I chose the buggy route instead for safety concerns). Just received my 2015 150cc TaoTao Targa 150 in factory packaging and embarking upon assembly today. Luckily the retailer I bought from has pretty thorough assembly instructions on YouTube. I'm not a mechanic by any means but handy enough (with lots of help from YouTube) to do this right and introduce myself and my boys to maintaining a vehicle like this.

OP thank you for starting this thread! There seems to be very little on the web / YouTube about this particular buggy (probably because its a new model). Your documenting your experiences will be hugely helpful to me and others I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Alright, I'm drinking some kool-aid here and willing to allocate $50-ish for intake enhancements.
http://gokartsusa.com/GY6-150-Engine-Air-Filters.aspx

How to spend it?
OP, have you upgraded your air intake yet? If so would you be willing to share details on components?

I'm also planning to install a clear fuel filter. Other than that, with proper break-in and oil changing, eventually a new battery and air intake, can anyone give a total buggy noob like me any other recommendations for basic / cheap / up-front upgrades?

Thanks!