Thread: Hatchet Job
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Power User

About due for an update as I'm closing in on test ride time.

Decided on a single rear rotor and caliper for brakes, I can add a front master liked to the pedal and connect the fronts later (stock LTZ setup) if i feel the need. Rotor and caliper are spiderbox and surprisingly the caliper bolted right up to this old swingarm.

Master cylinder is from the LTZ rear brake, after a full teardown and cleaning, it works very well and was an easy bleed and install.

The rotor mount was another matter entirely, I had to make a mount for it on the Sunl axle by boring out a spacer a friend made for me years ago and grinding it to fit the axle's taper. I got lucky in having another smaller rotor with matching bolt pattern for the yerf. cut that center out and welded it to the mount on the axle.

Go-power comes from the old brake pull rod from the 3203 (I'm still making red dust on the floor with 3203 bits ) a lawn mower cable kit for the housing and a bicycle inner cable.

Pedals for both gas and brake will be modified to "full foot plate" style as they're awkwardly angled and easy to get one's foot under.

Nerf bars are in, seat is in, 5 point harnesses from a jr. dragster are in and fitted.

presently repairing/modifying front lower control arms by cutting off and boring out the welded ball joints and installing golf kart tie rod ends and threaded tube. Will allow for camber adjustment.

Once i finish that, I have some more dent hammering to finish on the old floorpan, panel nut tabs to make and weld in and it will be paint time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake.jpg (83.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg elec.jpg (89.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg throt1.jpg (86.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg throt2.jpg (84.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg under.jpg (89.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Z.jpg (90.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg rotor2.jpg (77.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg rotor3.jpg (80.6 KB, 11 views)