View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

I've got some ideas -I agree with the polaris set-up and the 2-stroke power.That set-up needs a little more space or length. Also there are many shaft drive automatic 4 strokes from atv's that are promising with reverse.These motors can be mounted sideways and that is a huge advantage when dealing with space. The shifting aspect is dealt with by cable, so no fancy mechanics is needed.(aftermarket transmission shifter cables).The sprocket for the shaft is really the only CUSTOM piece needed (cut the end of the driveshaft yoke off and weld a sprocket on,tap a bolt hole in the shaft output to secure it. The 200cc honda motor I used on my "different type of buggy" is as simple as it gets and has good power,semi-auto,reverse,chain drive and it'll climb anything I've encountered.That motor will fit right on the stock swingarm of your Spiderbox- as I've mocked this up several times as well as the 250cc shaftdrive version.You'll have to deal with the axle sprocket location and braking but that's a given!!