View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 12:05 AM
Lite Contributor

Default ?Highest gear for a Torque Converter?

i am currently on a 4.8:1 ratio.
i tried that ratio with a clutch and it runs good,even spins the tire on dirt but gets hot really quick.

Now i'm installing a torque converter and am wondering how high i can go before running into acceleration or top speed problems. or any other problems.

question 2:

is this 4.8 : 1 ratio with this torque converter ( 30 series tav2 ) always going to have a big jolt in torque at any gear ratio? (i'm lengthening the kart so it'll be a while before i use it)
How about if i install a 3200 or higher rpm engaging spring and weights? i'm guessing it will have the glued-to-the-seat acceleration i desire (which would be more than most) .

What i am going for is pure acceleration even if the tires need to spin all the way to 50 mph.

i guess what i'm going for is a rapidly- accelerating kart without killing the belt if possible. heck, i'll even try it one time if it does what i want even if it'll shred the belt.

If i missed any scenarios fill me in. i guess i should've named myself AdrenalineJunkie2000 hahahahaha.