View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Heavy Contributor

Well, I got some more time on the shocks today and I'm liking them more and more every time I ride. I was able to adjust them a little more today, I had a little too much pre-load dialed in and I wasn't getting the droop I wanted on the front, also when I would hit some small bumps my passenger side shock wouldn't react like I wanted. but with a quick adjustment while riding all was good.
The springs on the shocks are made for a light buggy/motorcycle/ATV... They are progressive, and if you have no pre-load dialed in you can go through the softer part of the springs pretty quick, just by sitting in the buggy I can use up about half of the travel, and this is on the front of the spiderbox.

In the pics you can see how much pre-load adjustment I did for the Driver side and passenger side in my buggy. I don't ride with a passenger much so I adjusted it to suit just me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shock pre-load Driver.jpg (82.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Shock pre-load Passenger.jpg (82.7 KB, 47 views)
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.