View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Lurker

Is bigkid's trans assembly there from a sled? The sled i'm getting is a bit vintage- 1976 Yamaha GS340. I've never dug into a sled before, but i know its the CVT setup. I'll be picking up this thing later today, so i'll have the weekend to take it apart and get some ideas.

I'm thinking if I can find a rear diff from an AWD car/small SUV, that may work wonderful. Just connect the driven pulley of the CVT to the diff, then use the oem halfshafts. I'm into Mitsubishi eclipses/talons(AWD turbo cars) and i know the rear diff on those cars are viscous coupled LSD, and the wheel side of the halfshafts are bolt on cups..easy to make an adapter plate/hub to go to a 1" or 1.25" wheel axle shaft. The diff's are pretty heavy, way overkill for a smaller buggy, but it would work. Just looking at the rear diff on my Honda CRV, it would work perfect. Smaller diff, lsd, smaller halfshafts..lol cant rip that out though..

I'm just going to have to do some searching and see what I can come up with. Luckily, I have enough connections with people into sleds, ATV's and motorcycles..

Thanks for your diagram, it was very helpful!
-340cc Yamaha 2-stroke buggy in the works!