View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Contributor

Update..

Ok guys, today I took the family out to the Rio Puerco for some real world testing with the Side by Side. This is where I primarily ride so I wanted to get a good feel for how it would really do in some tough terrain.

First the good..

A) the wide front end handled great was not a problem through the tight turns on some of the narrow trails.
B) Power was great with 2 people in the buggy
C) braking seemed good, didn't have any problems shutting it down after a hard blast
D) The Cool Factor was really good, the place was packed and lots of people wanted to know what it was or where to get one.
E) Bang for the Buck was awesome, in other words, as Ckau stated I couldn't replace it with a store bought anything that would give so much for so little.

Ok now for the bad..

A) IT NEEDS TIRES BAD!!
B) I need to get a cooling fan on it. It was 80* today and when moving at slower speeds the engine was getting pretty hot.
C) IT NEEDS TIRES BAD!!
D) The stock shocks suck
E) IT NEEDS TIRES BAD!!
F I did hit the front frame bar on some rocks, so it would be nice to raise the front end a bit too gain a little more ground clearance.
G) Did I mention it really needs tires? The bald rear tires and the deep sand make a lot of the hills a real challenge. I spent a lot of time backing down hills as my wife and oldest daughter blasted right up them. The pilot and the my daughters Ody have ITP Mudlites and they work really well in the sand. I think it's time to put a set on the side by side.

All in all a great day of riding. The whole family had a good time and all three machines ran great. I had planned to get some video or some pics, but managed to leave the camera in the truck until we were loaded up and ready to come home.