View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Supporting Vendor

I have done a yerf and a couple of the crossfire buggies without reverse. I got everything from Stuart at Blade, which was basically all Kinroad parts. No problems what so ever. The halves should not squeeze together when putting in reverse. At least none of mine do. The lurching sounds like either adjustment or binding internally. Does the gear have grease in it? There were several of those gears which look alike but some dimentions differ and won't work on another buggy it was not designed for unless you have the matching spacers and shaft. This can be why your spline and threads are short. Carter used a different shaft then Kinroad . They look alike but one is a bit shorter then the other and the spacers are of different lengths. Although the gears look pretty much the same the Carter won't work on the Kinroad or Kinroad on Carter unless all components, shaft and spacers are used. You should not have had to use spacers to line up the sprockets. Any rev. I have worked on had one spacer on the shaft then the rev gear slid up to it. The other spacer is in the rev box. The reverse assy that buggy depot sells all parts come from one source. Not sure who now but at one time he got them through Blade Pwr. Sports. I use an impact to tighten the nut on mine since the inner spacer keeps everything the proper distance and from binding.

TOM