View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 PM

This is frustrating.

So I inspected the frame and swingarm for cracks, nothing.

The SA bushing on the passenger side (side it pulls on) had a lot of slop in it. So I installed a larger bolt that took up the excess room between the bolt and the steel sleeve inside the rubber dampener. It seemed to do the trick quite nice.

No problems with any of the shocks from what I could find.

Removed all 4 wheels and bungeed the steering wheel dead center. I then pulled measurements from rear axle to the front spindle as best as I could by myself. Repeated this numerous times to make sure I get the same reading.

Driver's side rear to driver's side front 68 15/16"

Passenger side rear to passenger side front 68 15/16"

Passenger rear to driver's front 82 5/8"

Driver's rear to passenger front 82 11/16"

Set the front wheels with 1/16" toe in.

Doing all of this seemed to help just the slightest bit. It didn't pull quite as hard, but still pulls to the right pretty bad once you take your hands off the wheel. (it used to not do this)

It's actually so bad, that if you push the kart by hand, the wheel will start to turn to the right when pushing it forward.

The only thing I can see is the passenger side front spindle does not tilt as much as the driver's side. What I mean is the bottom of the spindle on the driver's sits forward further than the top of the spindle. The passenger side appears to be situated in a more vertical stance than the driver's. (it's a front to back tilt, not a side to side tilt) It's not a major difference between the 2, just something I noticed while staring at my front end for hours now.

The only thing left that I could replace would be the bulk head. But I reinforced that a long time ago with 1/2" steel plate in the front and an additional 1/4" plate to the back so movement is not likely. I then used 1/2" grade 8 bolts to secure the bulk head to the frame. Where the frame bolts to it, I welded in extra 1/4" plate for support that can be seen in my first pics of this thread.

So I'm really at a loss with this one.