View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Power User

i still look at your front end pics and think the bulkhea has a slight twist and angle off to one side, but that may be the camera angle. The last picture in #8, looks to me like you have 2 different length shock bodies. so either your rear crossmember on the main frame is twisted, the mounts are off or the shocks are different.

I'll modify my answer after looking at the pic on this page since the shocks are a different set. your swingarm, if it's not the camera angle/fisheye. is waaaay off. Again it comes down to either shock mounts or twisted tubes/attachment points. if the shocks aren't hanging straight top to bottom and are forcing the swingarm sideways under compression, you'll end up with different wheelbase side to side which will vary as your riding. Same thing happens when one shock blows out or is set at a different spring rate. despite it being a rigid axle design there is enough flex in these frames for dimensional change to occur under load. Also, your swingarm looks like it's due for the reinforcement mod across the top tube.

Last edited by x-bird; 03-30-2013 at 08:11 AM.