View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Lite Contributor

Well, I definitely got continuity! I thought the needle of the ohmmeter would break off when I touched the second lead to the swingarm mounting nut/bolt. Normally, when I get contact/continuity, the needle swings toward 0 at an acceptable speed, but this really took off - it was instantaneous and fast!

I tried some other continuity tests on wires in the front to rear wiring bundle that goes through the passenger side frame tube. At the front end of this bundle, wires separate out of the flexible covering and go to: each of the front light plugs, the brake light switch, and a bunch more to the instrument panel components. I unplugged the 9 pin plug at the rear of the machine where it plugs into the harness from the black box, so this harness is now isolated. Checking the green/ground wire from the light plug(s) first, I got no continuity from the front to the rear. Same for the white(ish) light plug wire. I did get continuity from the front end light plug green/ground wire to the black w/white stripe wire at the rear plug of this harness; that wire goes from the rear plug to the kill switch on the panel. I'm at a loss to understand all this. If I get no continuity in that green wire from front to rear of this harness, how can I get voltage through it when the engine is running and the harness is plugged in?