View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
You have bad businesses everywhere. Listen that is not what drives people to the internet. You cannot get service on e-bay or amazon.
I disagree that isn't what drives people to the net. People get screwed over by outfits like that and turn to the net to see if they can DIY it. I've seen a many horror stories over the years when I was a mod on a s10 forum of people getting screwed over by a dealership to the point they were (with no mechanical experience in their life) ready to tackle a project.

You'll always have the tightwads like me that grew up working on my own stuff and too cheap to pay somebody. Grew up on carbs, taught myself how to tune fuel injection OBD! cars, and then OBD2 when that came out because of it.

I do however agree there is 0 service from ebay, amazon, or any of the many other outfits. I know there are many vendors on here that do try to help as much as ya'll can and I don't want to seem like I'm bad mouthing ya'll. There is only so much you can do over a screen or a phone to help somebody green behind the ears and even somebody that has tons of mechanical experience just not in a certain field.