View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Lurker

Thank you both for your input on this. JERSEYDEVIL, I would definitely like to hear feedback on what you found, it is the newer style with the vent cap on the gas tank. At one point, while the kart was "resting" until I could restart it, I cracked the fuel cap and tried to restart to see if I had pulled a vacuum on the tank. It did not help, which makes me a little pessimistic about the fuel cap being the solution.

GX150, I will check out the fuel flow all the way through to the carburetor. Since you mentioned it though, one time shortly after I got it, I had closed the petcock and allowed the engine to burn off with the intention of not riding it for a few weeks and not wanting gas in the carburetor. When I went to start it up the next time, I found that I was not getting fuel flow all the way to the carburetor. After working my way down the line, I found that the fuel filter was what was not allowing flow through. I resolved this by "milking" the fuel line upstream of the fuel filter which eventually pushed fuel through the filter and started peeing out right at the carburetor connection. Picturing the internals of a fuel filter, I couldn't understand why one would vapor lock or something like that and talking to some smarter guys at work, none of them said it made any sense. I'm going to go to Lowes this weekend and pick up a little higher quality fuel filter to see if this helps any.