View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Lite Contributor

I tried the wd40 and quick start and nothing happened but very hard to start and ran bad.

Put the original carb back on and now it is atleast running again. Re did the valves at intake 002 and ex 003 and still the same thing. Idles and bogs at 1/2 peddle.

It runs better with the old carb.

I tried the wd40 test again with the old carb and it dies down. It seems to be leaking around the new intake manifold. I made a gasket, tightened real good and still the same when I spray. The new manifold does not sit as high as the original, a good 1/2 or shorter on the bottom. Maybe I will put the old manifold back on and try again.

I think I am in the right area of what the probem is....valves and timing and leaks.

Seems to have good compression because when trying to start it, if it has too much gas will not turn past tdc...just goes back and forth. Then wait a minute and try again and it turns over well again. Still have to play with the mixture screw and idle screw to start it.

Would the valve clearance on the cuv be differnet than a buggy engine.. ?

The new manifold I bought was for a gy6 but it is shorter. Is the howhit difference from the regular gy6. Also the new dc CDI does not work on my atv.

I should have junked it in the first place when it did not run. I see they are still selling this chinese junk scooters with the same engine for 749.00 I guess you get what you pay for. This thing was 3500.00 new at Tractor Supply and I see now they have a new one there for 7400.00 and it is another chinese piece of junk. It goes to show nothing that comes out of china is any good. Even my new carb says japan standard on the side, OH YA as if the means anything.