View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
x-bird- I've had nightmares trying to come up with a viable semi-articulating swingarm as you've suggested. I agree that it would take the hard impacts out of the swingarm and motor connection-If someone can make it fly let me know!!!
If it was fall/winter when i have the time, the golf cart axle would be going in differently. What i came up with was four Fox 1 to 2 inch travel oil/spring mountain bike shocks, 2 on either side of the swingarm lower tube going between the axle tube (staggered front and rear) and swingarm, and a pair of angled trailing rods from the axle tube to the swingarm mounts along with a good scissors link spring loaded chain tensioner would do the trick. You would get deflection oversteer in the turns which would help with the poor turning radius of a solid axle and less torque from uneven terrain going into the swingarm tubing. You have to limit the amount of axle housing travel at the wheel ends because of the chain sprocket going on an angle in relation to the drive sprocket.