View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Power User

Since I mentioned it in the other thread ... been awhile, so some carnage pics ...well not so bad carnage, but she's still sidelined til i get the time to grab some cro mo and make more parts. i was hitting an old deck i'd pushed into the woods years ago, goosed it hard one lap and when i drove up onto the deck, the back end kicked out under power, rail jobbed the front end right into mr mulberry stump and threw the rest of the buggy up in the air to the left where it met another tree.

Kind of tough to see, but the upper arm is twisted back and up with the rearward tubing miter at the heim joint collapsed and buckled inward.

I did get this straightened the other day. opposing tie rod AND the 5/8ths a/s spec heim bent from the hit, even with 3/4 inch of rubber damper travel in the tie rod. Still haven't figure out how it over drove that much through the steering, but i have yet to inspect to see if i skipped any teeth on the steering rack.

Also did some core sampling with the back end. there' about a 3-inch plug in the fender tube, nerf end tube is pretty well smooshed over and spit out it's tree feast.

On the bright side, there's an FCR 41mm carb, front adapter lugs, rotors, 4 decent polaris calipers and a brand new razr master awaiting install. still need rims and tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0069.jpg (27.8 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0066.jpg (31.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0064.jpg (38.2 KB, 134 views)