View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Power User

Couldn't leave ya'll hanging.

So the game plan for the latest go-round is to lengthen the trailing arms to kill off most of the remaining anti-squat and smooth out the rear end hits without altering the wheelbase. Track is going to be 4" wider. basic paint sketch ..

With everything chopped out of the way, I built the jackshaft cross-piece on the bench, much easier to get it set up on center.

Re-hung the engine frame to make sure that was on the money, put in the jackshaft frame and tied the engine mount back in place. Of course, things get heavy in a hurry bracing it for the rock hits it will take. With the j-shaft hanging low, I went with 1/4 to frame the floor ramp.

Ramp floor aka Rock diffuser is 1/8th.

And the basic layout of the 1/4 plate to extend the arms, this is just the sides, will be fully box including the angle.

Also on the plate is a quick release for the steering wheel (already ordered), cable shift to replace my balky and sloppy old rod setup, new clutch and throttle cables (old ones are two piece cobbled together and sticky) and of course restructuring the rear cage sides.

If i can pull the budget together, 30-inch tires and maybe coil overs, but mucho dinero on both of those items.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020 modifications.jpg (81.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg jshaft.jpg (96.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg rock.jpg (92.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg ramp4.jpg (89.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg extension.jpg (86.8 KB, 43 views)