View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 06:53 AM
Power User

From all the years of running at Line, I pretty much know the base range of what I'm after rate wise. it's actually finding springs in the correct rate and size because what i need is lighter than anything used in UTVs and heavier than any atv or sled. Current stack at the rear sits at 67 lbs then transitions to 200. I think i've found a combo that might be the ticket, but it's gonna hit the wallet a lot harder than I wanted.

The terrain at line has never really correlated to any off-a-chart setup, It's pretty much a mini KOH/Ultra 4 course. Shock/spring tuning has always been key. Interestingly enough, when the U4s came to Line about 5 years ago, they all broke or did poorly. At the same time, our Line mtn guys started running the Hammers and U-4 and cleaning house. pretty sure it was all down to decades of suspension tuning experience. This year's winner Josh Blyler and his dad Rusty are long time Line mtn runners. Chad Owens owned the top spot in the class I run my jeep in for years---I'm glad he moved up to U-4 LOL.

If you follow the dirt riot series moving thru the mid-atlantic, keep your eyes open for Levi Metzinger and Austin Lahr in UTV class, latest generation of Line mtn "kids". They've got generations of racing support behind them. Austin also races 'Ol Minty, a red/whit ford powered jeep that's been raced every year since something like 1971. Got its name running the Mint 400. I'm researching whether it's the longest continually series raced vehicle out there, and I'm talking about across all forms of racing.