View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Power User

Long overdue update time. I did manage to get the old girl finished and a set of springs worked out (triples). With all that's going on in the world, I hit a western PA race series AWRCS and made a 5+ hour one way haul to get a race in. I've already skipped my first Line Mtn. race due to reopening my biz recently. With all the social distancing requirements etc. it's very challenging to keep the place under control and there's no way i could make round 1. I might make round 2 (July) and 3 (sept.) at Line, but not sure here's some completed pics and the race video.

Among the additions, i added limit straps on the rear trailing arms to control the roll. I went thru 3 shift cables to find one that survived. The rack and pinion setup is going to get redone, the 8.5 latest rage rack just cannot take the punishment. Tires are 28x10 all around.

And oh yeah, did do a roll cage test! I wish i had taken more picture so the underside view. )))

As far as the race went, very cool 5.6 mile woods course. No real rocks, but a LOT of off camber corners and very wet conditions made it a challenge. Video is lap 1, very easy pace since I had no run time on the build. No issues, ran a 17 minute with the Pros running 14s.

Lap two was going better and was on pro pace til I hit a water hole fast and deep and stalled. took a while to refire til the water cleared through. Popped my ball/socket shift cable end off the shifter and ran the rest of the lap in 4th. Also stretched my ancient clutch cable to the point that the clutch drags so it was a royal pain any time i stalled and had restart.

Lap 3 pushing again and I ended up wedged between two trees on a blown out off camber corner. Basically got used as a berm -- no damage to me, but a lot of can am body parts piled up under my buggy I have a way to add tree/nerf bars to prevent that from happening again. new frame required i chop out my old ones.

2nd in 800cc-under class and 26th out of 39.

If you have a little patience, I do clear off the mud that gets on the go pro at various spots ... Lap 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiWnoJKnr1I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side.jpg (102.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg three quarter.jpg (102.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg oops2.jpg (45.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg straps.jpg (72.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg latest link.jpg (94.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 06-21-2020 at 03:34 PM.