View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Contributor

Buggy is running very well but it spins the rear tires too much with this Bugle exhaust. So now what? Well i could re-gear it but the gearing is right for the trails and the track. Ok lets just move the powerband a little from low to mid -range with a different exhaust. I going to built an exhaust from an old Hammerhead Twister stock header.But.. This is a Dazon so a little modding needed on the header flange . Just cut the pipe near the flange a install a split sleeve . Put a small crimp on each end and re- connect the header to the head. Now line everything up and tack weld, remove and finish the welding. After calling and talking to White Brothers they said that they used a FMF Turbo core muffler on the exhaust they built for Dazons hop -up kit. So i called Big-E and ordered one with an 1 1/4 inlet . I cut the end off the header pipe to fit the muffler inlet and secured it with 2 hose clamps. I then made a bracket to attach it to the case bracket nut. Nice i can remove the VT cover by just removing only the muffler now. Next ...tuning for more mid /top end power.