View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Supporting Vendor

they are 2 different monsters
i have the HF roller and had the bender w/ the bottle jack pump.
i sold the bender at a friends garage sale. the roller is crappy quality but i found a company who sells upgrade parts for all the problemed parts so i might keep it and spend a lil money on it to see if it's worth keeping.
benders bend angles in the tube or pipe. rollers put long gradual bends.
a bender is more practical for the buggy build application. ive never gotten the HF bender to bend w/ out kinking and lost patience w/ it quickly. bought it about 10 yrs ago when i was racing cars but tried to make a bumper once and was not pleased w/ the results and threw it in the corner. people have said threr are all kinds of tricks to it like filling the tube/pipe w/ sand and taping the ends, putting a size bigger tube in the die than looks like it takes and kearney at bn has a thread on how he filled his dies w/ jb weld or something and sanded them back smooth so the dies had a perfect fit.
there's no way i would even attempt a cage w/ a bottle jack bender, but that's an impatient me i love what i have but it was pricey but the job it does makes it worth it.
as far as tube and pipe IMO tube is the way to go, different gauges for different apps and the strength to weight ratio is better. pipe is way to heavy for a 150/250 buggy but that depends on the wall thickness too. tube will bend alot better too.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX