View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Race Prep for FL400R

Started this project a few months back, had a nice thread going on another Pilot forum but a certain admin decided to ban me and the fabricator I have doing the work...So I'm re-posting all my build information over to here to share with everyone...

Here is the starting point and the original plan...This is a photo of it as it sits at the previous owners.

Plan right now is to prep it to race in the IATVHHS. I have to add a few safety features.

1) fire extinguisher
2) 5 point harness
3) window nets
4) nerf bars
5) EG gauges
6) Trail Tech Voyager

With that said, I'm looking for resources for window nets and nerf bars. Anyone have any links to these two items?

I'm going to leave the motor stock for now however it will be getting a full nut and bolt tear down by RPC out of Palo Ia. While they have the motor, I'll have Dan do his magic on the head. He's done some some work for me in the past on a 250 KTM EXC...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pilot.owners.jpg (80.0 KB, 17 views)

Hoser [həʊzə]n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person.