View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:41 AM
Lite Contributor

After doing some research on suspension, I decided to go with a LT front end...Kits for this are not cheap so AJ from AJ's Off Road Armor and I decided to make our own. I wanted to go with parts anyone could find on Ebay, plus use some parts I had sitting on my selves...Elka shocks. As it turned out, we were able to do a LT front end for around $600...not including the shocks. I used front A-Arms from a Kawasaki KFX700...This would allow me to run the hubs and brakes too...ended up with a disc brake conversion...I also raced a KFX700 for years so I have all sorts of tire and rim set ups...again a huge cost savings since I wouldn't have to purchase rims and tires for different set ups...

Before I get ahead of myself, here are a few more details and what we decided to fab in...

Got it home and into the shop this afternoon and started looking at what we are going to do...

Radiator...relocating to the inside of the down tubes to get it away from the exhaust and motor, plus have it more direct line of airflow.
adding doors instead of nets...
pre-runner front bumper with 2 lights...
rear bumper
metal floor pans going full length including under the driver seat
racing seat
seat belts-5 point
EX400 front a-arms, brakes, Elka front suspension
pull the rear shocks and have them rebuilt
larger air intake hose and new upper airbox
fiber glass fenders
roof light bar...4 lights
new roof pan...
nerf bars...

Hoser [həʊzə]n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person.