View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
oddys and now mini buggies really don't fit into any of the traditional off road race classes. for years up here the oddys ran with the quads until the rzrs showed up wanting to race. at that point--about 2 years ago, they added a UTV class which is now the catch-all for razrs, oddys and mini buggys. this year is the first that they giving the class a season points standing and share of the prize money at season's end.

It's the same here....The promotor is willing to work with me if we can get a few more and we'll have our own open wheel class... Last season I did a couple of test and tune days at a couple of races. My first run with it, didn't even have all the body work on, had some over heating issues and had to shut down for 4-5 mins per lap...I still was only a 3 mins behind the fastest stock machine on lap times so this year with it all dialed in, I'm sure they will probably bump me up in classes just to find a place where my times match up close and make it fun...

If anyone is in the midwest and looking for a good series to run in... www.iatvhss.com has all the info. We race all over Iowa.

Hoser [həʊzə]n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person.