View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

I put in a bucket seat I had

peace 5-12 005.jpg

2 days later a single vinyl bucket seat on Craig's list was being given away! Of course I went an got it- it's a passenger seat but who cares- I added brackets to the steering support for steering wheel adjustments in case one's belly is too large to fit.

peace kart 001 (2).jpg

After cutting/re-aligning/re-welding many pieces of the front end I cut the terribly crooked front support/headlight/manufactures plaque frame work and made it a simple stub nose for good view of the ground, easy for cladding material to it if I want to put a body panel there. I have some LED headlights that will eventually go in when I get further along. I had to move the gas pedal over from the center (it was a kid's 2 seater) to the far right. Someone with large feet wouldn't be able to throttle as the rack-n-pinion unit was in the way.

peace kart 019.jpg

peace kart 015.jpg

peace kart 016.jpg

I used the original rear fenders for the front wheels. I had to cut the support off the King pin and made a taller support for the larger diameter tires

peace kart 024.jpg

peace kart 021.jpg

peace kart 023.jpg

I'm sure in the future the original front shocks will get up-graded as they don't cushion much!