View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Hesitation after mods

Hi all... I just replaced my piston, rings, went from a stock cam to an A13, then replaced the belt and went with a 1500 torque spring. Mid range is definitely improved. I don't really struggle going through mud and up hills so I got what I wanted. Rear tires more readily break loose from the torque when getting into it. I'm trying to take it relatively easy to let the rings break in them in doing an oil change this weekend.

I have noticed if I stab the throttle from idle, there is about a second of hesitation that I didn't have previously, then I move w/authority. Going to check for anything loose or a vacuum leak. I did a real rough adjustment on the idle air valve but will look more into that. I did reset my valves to .004. They were both very tight when I was reassembling.

Have read the plug... I only have about 10 minutes of total runtime. W/the different cam, can I expect to have to rejet? Any pointers or 'break in' recommendations appreciated. I just plan on not running it too hard and varying RPM for a couple hours of operation and change the oil.

One last question, I have a newish (1 month old) battery and have had no problems cranking. It now seems quite a bit harder to crank I attributed to high compression from the rings. I turned it by hand when I installed the cam at TDC and it turned by hand, through it was much tighter than before. Figure that's normal?

Last edited by charleswrivers; 08-10-2017 at 02:24 PM.