View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Lite Contributor

Fooling around, I'm at a 130, up from a 120. I could probably stand to go to a 135. I ran a 130, 140 then 135... then back to the 130.

I found the hesitation was from needing to adjust the fuel enrichment valve. I thought it was jet related but I think that was my main problem. Jet is a little white still on a 130. I figure I oughta get a new plug one of these days too... it's insulator is almost indistinguishable from the electrode... it's the same plug that cane w/the buggy.

Pretty hot out right now and am taking a break. I'll try going back to the 135 and adjust to eliminate the hesitation going from idle to full throttle. It's amazing how if it's off, you either get a rev hang when you gun it from idle or a hesitation... doesn't take much to throw it off.

While I don't have a good long straight I can run the buggy on w/o getting negative attention, I did do a couple blast and get to about 27-28 mph in what I'd guess to be 100-150 yards, give or take with it still slowly building speed, so I oughta still be topping out above 30 given enough road. It would crack 35 given a lot of road in the past, but I never saw 40.

I oughta have the 14g sliders to swap out the 12g sliders to so if I can get a little more top end/lower rpm cruising w/o sacrificing the bottom end.