View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Contributor

I'll try to remember to check the battery next time I'm able to.

Can't help ya on the sprocket change being worth it. I have a double roller chain and they don't make sprockets for it (if they do they aint as easy to find). the drive is one of the few things that works and is in good shape. Once it wears out I'll look into what it takes to swap it to a single roller chain

These engines are based on a short case scooter engine. A lot of the time the references on stuff do cross over and are useful to us. The buggy sites are full of useful info but I've also found some good stuff on scooter sites. Scooters are far more popular so it seems more reference to them on stuff.

Gasket matching is simply where you make the port opening in the head match the port opening in the gasket. On these engines it's mainly the intake. The exhaust seems pretty good until you really start major mods. Plus the exhaust header is pretty small anyways. I built a 1 inch header for mine and that alone made a noticeable difference. Gonna try an a12 cam next and then if it is begging for more head I'll crack that open and work on it. I already have a 30mm intake manifold and a 28mm carb so I can see everything combined the head will be the weak link.

Do you have the external reverse (forward and reverse lever)? The fill and drain should be generally in the same spot back there. If you have an internal reverse (forward, neutral, reverse) I'm no help as I aint worked on one of those.

Yeah next winter I'm totally blowing mine apart and aint made up my mind if I'll paint the frame or have it powdercoated. Planned on doing it this winter but too much other crap came up. Just want to make sure there is no other tabs or brackets I want to weld on the frame before all that.

Last edited by neo71665; 03-07-2018 at 04:53 PM.