View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 02:10 AM
Contributor

I know it's discouraging looking at it sitting there not running in parts but stick with it bud. Been/still there my self as a single parent on disability trying to raise a 10 year old boy. I break systems up into a single project and tackle it. Don't move to something else until you are done. Bouncing around you waste time, money, and wears you thin. You start worrying about doing something else you might skip over doing something you are supposed to be doing now unintentionally.

I suggest if you are gonna rewire it then don't waste time and money fixing the factory harness. If anything can wipe out all your hard work in one go it's a short in the electrical burning the buggy to the ground. If the engine is running get the wiring done. At least that way when you tear the engine apart to do the big bore you know for a fact some hidden bad spot in the cheap factory harness hasn't gone bad if you can't get it to crank and run.

Please for the love of anything holy do not tape up any wire connection ever unless it's temp to get home to fix it right. Heat shrink takes a bit more time but does a better job, lasts longer, and doesn't leave black goo all over everything when it comes off. The summer heat makes tape release, even the good tape.