View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
thanks for the link and help. what's shown as a quadrunner is either a quadracer or quadsport (shaft drive). I tore a lot of this quad down about a year ago. since then it's been moved around my scrap pile a few times and had various pieces removed. last night i found a 4-pin regulator in one of my "bits" piles that matches the plug exactly --fit right in, including some tiny step notches, but it's way smaller than anything i've seen in pictures of complete quadrunners. No change with it installed. the one you show while 6 pin, also has the same color wires (except the orange/black) and includes the black/white wire that i still have as a floater with a straight round push-in end. while the harness looks original. I'm wondering if it was altered. I also don't think this had a key switch. only spare wires up front is a single pin block that i'm pretty sure is for the headlight. i've also read some threads that make me wonder if the light circuit being open might affect it.
Wow, how did I miss that? I should have known since this particular engine is regarded as a good donor for our buggies(chain drive).

Edit: When I went to the local scrapyard today, they had an intact running QuadRUNNER there, and it had the long case with the u-joints coming out of the sides, it appeared to be a mid-late 80's model too. I don't know if they changed the design somewhere in those few years, but I made it a point to inspect and verify it was a runner.

Last edited by Masteryota; 01-13-2013 at 05:26 PM.