View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yep. And did that yesterday. I really couldn't get the idle to stabilize. After running it for few runs, and warmed up good. It would just die for no reason.
Plus, I could smell the gas in the exhaust. So went back down one to the 25 pilot. Adjusted the air/mix screw a little. And WOW, that was a big difference. Idle was much smoother. Could even set the idle down to around 1k, and would run smooth. with 27.5, couldn't do that.
Performance was there also. Even got better time test then the 27.5 one point ran 1 test and got 11.09. which blew any other test away. So did another one right after. Thought might have hit the start on stop watch little late. 2nd was 11.16. And I know I didn't hit it late or early. So was very impressed. top speed 29.9 and max rpm was 8050. So was right on par with the 27.5. Looking at spark plug, it doesn't look as rich. Still might be little rich. But much better then the larger one. I don't smell gas in the exhaust, and idle is pretty good.

Do have question. If correct on what I've been reading, and watching. to adjust the air/mixture screw. Which is on the Air intake side. bring up the rpm to around 1800 to 2000. Then move screw 1/2 at time, and adjust so max rpm is set.
the gas petal is very touchy. Had son try to hold it around 2krpm. OMG, he couldn't, didn't know if was going up or down. He said it was to hard. So I tried it. And ya, must say, so touchy, after about 5 secs, it moves on every touch.
So I just adjusted the idle screw so that it would keep it at around 1900. Then adjusted the air/mix screw.
setting the idle to that range... is that self defeating? or will work same either way?4