View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:16 PM

so today I spent a lot of time putting the buggy back together, today was the first day I got to ride her. Let me say I love the single seater . the suspension isn't to bad def better then the yerf, and at least the seat has cushion so my a@@ and back don't hurt after every ride. the 3 mods I have is the hammerhead exhaust, and the r2c filter, 14gram sliders that's all I had in stock for rollers/sliders/ at first it seemed a little sluggish to me, top speed was 27mph. after riding for a good 15 min I smelt oil burning sure enough I pull over and leave her idling and man a decent amount of blue smoke was coming out of the exhaust, i shut her down and the exhaust had a decent amount of smoke still coming out but not blue after being shut off,I didn't see a single leak anywhere, so I start her right back after 15 minutes of letting her cool down and she wasn't smoking now. A little akward drove again hard for another 15 min no smoke coming from exhaust this time but I still smell oil burning. after that I figured hell I might as well try the clutch setup from the yerf, so on went the shorty clutch and a yellow tq spring. She felt a little quicker and just with that mod I gained 2mph on top end. top speed is now 29mph. I have a head that has bigger stainless steel valves, upgraded valve springs, so I might just port the manifold and put the head on it and see if I can get into the 30mph range which im sure I will. I might look into a piston rebuild kit or im thinking drive it for the rest of this summer with little mods and then once riding season is over send it to tom at syc for a complete rebuild. Just figure I share my 2 cents here that's all. Oh yeah forgot to mention I removed the parking brake setup.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 04-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.