View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 06:41 AM
Power User

Bolt in engine cradle finished. Had to cut off the forward quad frame tubes and install new ones on a more vertical angle since the originals hit the jackshaft by 1/2 inch.

19 5/16ths-18 bolts hold it all together. Still have to weld the nuts to the backsides of the upper mount plates.

Bolt in aspect is already proving a time and agony saver. I'm working on setting up and installing the engine's output shaft extension hangar with it the whole works sitting on the bench.

For engine install, i'm making a basic flat plate for my floor jack. I'll be able to set the engine in place with the frame on the jack, hook up the rear subframe, all the electrical, exhaust, oil system and cooling and wheel it over and plug it into the frame.

Also got rid of all of the old seat frame and mounting structure and have gotten the first seat slider in for the new seat.

Lucked out in that i can reuse my shifter and reverse gear lever. Clutch is going to be foot activated using the quad's rear brake lever, I think if found a place to squeeze it in.

I don't have time to create new front hubs for a front brake setup, so i've got to find a way to fix the rear brakes. The sliding pin bores in the caliper are worn out and they grab and chatter while riding without applying them---not good. Parking brake has been removed for now.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mntbottom.jpg (47.5 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg mntside.jpg (59.3 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg mntupper.jpg (47.9 KB, 196 views)