View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Power User

Took a little too much time off from the Rockhound since July's race and turned the last couple week's into the usual over-stressed "git er done" push for the final race of the season this weekend.

Treated it to a valve job, new timing chain & guide and a manual timing chain tensioner. The cams have no timing marks (2nd gen hot cams) and that led to race day woes .... Desptie talking with Hot cams tech twice about setting them, still ended up off time on Thursday, redid it Friday night at the race campground by flashlight on the trailer ... still no dice, hard starting and breaking up on mid to top end load in the upper gears

A better fender job has been on my list a long time, finally got them done.
Short pre-race video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm82ZJYI9x0

Race video is giving me fits, have a corrupt clip that's crashing the system ... Pt1 is uploading, pt 2 is ticking me off! I finished 7th out of 13, picked up some points. First time ever getting a full lap of the 7-miler on the books (I did screw up on course, missed checkpoints, let them know and they still gave me a recorded lap time--must have been a mercy call after the hell i went through ....), started on lap 2, but ran out of time.

With this engine correctly timed and carb tuned to it , along with front brakes (wore out the rears again by 2nd mile and ran the rest with nothing but engine braking--really slow way to race!) it'll be on pace. Suspension-wise, it lived up to its name and ate up a lot of big rock hits and only has a couple small rim dings.

Last edited by x-bird; 09-20-2015 at 07:53 PM.