View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Power User

Thanks Metal and Tom, Just glad to hear you're ok Metal and see you back. You're builds are a lot of the inspiration that got me going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
That trail arm is just like the Roketa GK13 and Blade 250SX
They are the GK-13 or 19 ones that PoorDad hooked me up with when I put the 250 in it going on what 6 years+ ago? I cut the bolt-thru head mount tubes off them, ran 1/4" plate all around and made them 11 inches longer with heim mounts. Wheelbase stays the same, jackshaft/arm pivot is under my seat. Would have gone with 3/16ths, but what the scrapyard has is what it gets lol. Decided to ditch the rear brakes. Rotors are too bent up and too spendy for new.

Did a straight up swap with a pair of the air shocks for WE's off a rzr. Not the cream of the crop with alloy bodies but going to help a lot. Both have some issues, but I've got them covered. Will be fresh rebuild internals with modded valving. Spring rates is 100/200, Not sure how that's gonna work out. Still have to get C/Os for the front. Just about done building the the other side's mount. There are 3 mount points to help soften the spring rate. Fingers crossed on that. Then the focus moves to tying the rear cage back together.

http://buggymasters.com/forum/attach...1&d=1583795101

Went with a pair of used 28" Maxxis Carnivores on alloy beadlocks. Going to have to revise both the floor and upper corner of the front end for clearance unless a 24.5 2.0 rzr coil-over cuts the bump travel enough. If so, i only need to knock the front corners off.

Hoped for ride height once all is said and done. gotta visualize the rear tire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WEs.jpg (94.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg rear upper.jpg (91.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg full bump.jpg (90.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg height.jpg (90.9 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 03-09-2020 at 06:19 PM.