View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 07:00 AM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Great jobThanx for an up-date. Loved the vid. and thanx for clearing the lens pretty regular! Great belly shot I notice that course didn't have very big hills or rocks, did you feel like you were on a different planet compared to the Line course? Nerf bars should be standard equipment as I'm making them standard now, they save on repairs!!!
Absolutely ...different solar system!
After I did lap one pretty conservative, it felt sooooo good to be able to start ripping along without worrying about what big ol chunky rock was laying around the next corner that wasn't there the lap before. I rolled up on my 28" tires and nearly everyone else including the pro turbos were on 25/26s. At Line they're on 30s+ with MRT having come out with utv tires up to 35 now. Unfortunately the series runs the western side of the state so i really can't chase it, but they do have a fall race that I'm going to make the trek out to, and its at a ski resort I used to race my mtn bike at. It's pretty rocky, so i may hit that one with an advantage over a lot of the them.

Couple of pics from the race, at one point i nose planted a sharp ditch on a downhill that went immediately uphill after the ditch, blew out my steering rack retainer. rack started rolling upwards on bump after that and making the steering toe in very heavy. That's the final aspect I'm working on, ..... and making my own coil overs out of my Airs. .... I'll never forget a certain comment long ago ..."and now the development begins ..."

For chits and giggles, here's the "hey let's get a shot of the underside vid" I had to ditch my rear brakes until i can afford new rotors. Kind of led to the situation ..... Roketaparts wants an arm and a leg for the dang things and I can't find another source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUU293a9N70
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85491460-IMG_4418.jpg (97.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 85491462-IMG_4421.jpg (97.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 85491463-IMG_4571.jpg (98.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 85491461-IMG_4871.jpg (99.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 06-23-2020 at 07:07 AM.