View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 06:22 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Takes a beating and you just keep going! I love the fact that you've consistently engineered the bugs out of it.Nice vid's and how they show how abusive this track is. Great job!!!
Thanks metal. Seems like a loooong time ago after I posted that I had finished it, someone said "now you're going to do a lot of work developing it ..." or something along those lines

last couple seasons have been stupid little gremlins, It's actually ready for next season for once. the jeep on the other hand is a bit of a mess after the last race.

If you skip the muddy lens parts of the vids and watch the bumper through the rocks, she really is that smooth, my jeep is like the old bobble head doll Rockhound of 2012. I was looking forward to really hanging it out the next lap when the engine went dead.

some shots, I abandoned the heims on the trailing arms this past winter after snapping one them every other race for the past several years. 3/8ths plate tab with 3/4" dia bolts. first race with that setup went well til i stuck it in a really deep one-sided rut and took out the right side chain, brake caliper and rotor all in one shot. managed to limp it home for a lap and 5th place.

mtsrev.jpg

mts2rev.jpg

rockgsrev.jpg

jeeprev.jpg

camprev.jpg

ronnie.jpg

so for the next race i said no more chain worries and made rock rings. shoulda done these years ago. had to ditch my rear brakes. have a plan to put a rotor and caliper on the jackshaft.

I have the permanent #69, granting this ol dog the last spot on the starting line. Most of the guys racing with me now are nationally ranked pros with Ultra 4, We have a turbo and no turbo class. Don't know how long that will last as it was only 5 last race and I know 2 of the guys are stepping up to turbo with new rides the coming season.

Remember my little buggy girl? ... yeah she's all grown up and co-dawging the jeep with me. 5th overall for our class and 11th for the group that day, other trophy is for the buggy. ended up 5th in class for the season, not bad for a little 4 banger on 33s against a pile of coil spring V-8s on 35s-37s. jeep's now on 35s for next season.

built a garage up here to work on my junk, 28w-32 deep. Normally ol beasty lives in there, but I'm doing a full gut resto on a 75 minnie winnie for kathryn. did the same with the jamboree 2 winter's back. even the jeep has been kicked out lol.

My buddy Ron Egloff, son of George "Iron Butt" Egloff. Used to race UTV class, teryx "amish" buggy. He wanted back in the game. Brought me his sammy for a roll cage build, damn thing turned into a 4 month restoration. was a total rust bucket setup for crawling. He rolled it last race, cage works.

Anywho, hope you been well, going to try and catch up here more often.

Thanks for the encouraging words and support, there have been many, many times I've done the walk of shame and thought about hanging it up on the buggy.

Last edited by x-bird; 11-15-2023 at 07:33 PM.