View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Power User

progress report ...
Rod ends were on back-order, should be in by mid-week next week.

Ball joints didn't take my test session too well, eh?

Getting really close to paint. have the front end stripped of parts, back end is next.

Took the arms that held the heads of the clubs on one of the old Ping club racks and made my shock reservoir mounts. They're slotted for hose clamps and a piece of rubber goes around the bottom half.
The old "muzzle" of mine finally found it's home ....

Got all of my body panels rough cut out, down to five out of 16 left to finish and fit.

pics not loading .... hmm little one must've been playing with the camera, used to have it set to shoot so i didn't need to resize ... anyway, resized and we now have eye candy.

added a couple showing the brake and gas cable setup. Basically copied the spiderbox master mount & lever, but added more angle to the lever for a stronger pull on it (1/4" aluminum)
Used the same rod and cable from the 3203, i like the feel of the cable better than a direct rod to it. still have to find some better hardware. throttle is also stock 3203 with an extension added to the end of the rod and the outer cable housing stripped back to get enough free inner length to work with the gy6. both the brake and gas mounting brackets have been moved from their original locations. If the throttle cable had been long enough, the stock location and rod length would have worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zz1.jpg (37.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg zz2.jpg (27.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg zz3.jpg (23.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg zz4.jpg (30.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg zz5.jpg (31.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg zz6.jpg (36.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 04-21-2012 at 07:36 PM.