View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 01:02 AM
Contributor

Default Newbie questions 150cc HH

Ok so posting here because I work a lot and my work comp lets me access this site but not the other one I have been on the most.
Here is a basic run down
Buggy is a 2005 HH twister 150
It was used and abused by the PO
I have been slowly working to bring her back to life.
She went from dead in the water with no spark to running pretty solid
Still have a lot of work to do to get her back where she should be but I have a few questions that I have not been able to find good answers to. I am fairly handy but I am new to these buggies and don't understand some things so please be understanding

1 weird cut out when the buggy is sitting at idle. When the buggy is sitting still at idle if I grab the roll cage or frame and shake the buggy a little it will bog and act like its gonna die. Weird thing is I have run it pretty good since getting it to start and run and even jumped it over a small hill a couple of times and didn't notice this behavior any other time but it does it every time if it is sitting still at idle.

2 Battery size. I have seen that the 7 amp hour batteries are pretty standard for these but I would like to put something a little bigger/better in the buggy.
not planning to run a ton of extra stuff will be changing to LED lights and want to add a 12" LED light bar and maybe a wench all connected to the battery not run by the charging system. Im not looking for a $200 battery just an idea of good sizes with out going huge or super expensive. Was thinking AGM battery so no liquid to spill but not as expensive as the lithium batteries plus I don't have to by a special charger to charge AGM batteries. (all wiring on this buggy is crap butchered/sun damage so I am working on building a complete new wire harness for it to include new electrical box that's why everything will be ran direct to the battery with switches. charging system will only be powering CDI and rectifier and charging the battery)

3 the 39T sprocket. I see a lot of mentions of going to the 39T sprocket but not seeing a lot explaining how to go about doing the swap. how involved is this and does the change in gearing justify the work?

4 Head porting and port matching.
Everyone says this is a great thing to do but I can not find good instructions on how to go about doing this. If anyone has a good breakdown on how to do it or even better a video on how to do it that would be super helpful. I have never done anything like it and the few things I have found that talk about how to do it left me more confused than when I started.

5 Gear oil change. What bolts do I take out to drain and refill (finding a lot of conflicting info) What gear oil and how much should I use. (Going off what is in it would be bad idea cant count on it having the right amount in it from PO)

Added pics to how the sorry state she was in when I brought her home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3664.jpeg.jpg (58.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 3663.jpeg.jpg (54.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 3661.jpeg.jpg (64.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg black-red%20changes%20to%20Black-white%20wire%20goes%20to%20top%20pin%20on%202%20pin%20connector.jpg (38.6 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by plee911; 08-03-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Pics added