View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Heavy Contributor

OK, so means the entire thing needs reinforced. I will see what I can do to take care of that.
SYcarms. Thx for the input. I understand what you are talking about mounting the reverse bracket to the engine. However, If you take a good look at the pic, where the reverse cable come out, it's below the exhaust. Where the cable comes into the box, it's offset. Where my exhaust is, the metal brace that goes into the reverse box, cant go in, because the exhaust is in the way. I bought the exhaust, before I got the reverse in. So had to figure out something. If I turned the reverse box, down 180 degree's, it moved the input, for the cable to fall below the exhaust. However, had to make a bracket for the box, on the back side, to make it work. I looked into, seeing if there was another cable that turned faster coming out of the gear box. But have found nothing yet. If look at pic, and see where the cable comes out, compared to where the inside of exhaust is. Then turn the box upward, where it should sit, the metal connector the goes into the box, don't have enough room. Up for different suggestion, if anyone has any. I thought since the back of the engine, is mounted to the rear spider frame, it should be ok doing it this way. But engine still could move different than the frame, since it's mounted on a pivot.
But again, not sure how can mount it to the engine, without, getting a new exhaust going to left side. . And up for suggestions.
I see what your saying about the rubber ins. Never really thought about it. But will see what I can find.
Also, it was once of the things I was going to upgrade this winter, was the rear mounting bracket for the rear of engine. However, not sure where to look for a better one. BD, has one, but looks way to pricey. But maybe they to run around $100.o0 ??? If so, then I'll get one.
I do have a extra spider box cage. I just might Fab on it, then just switch it out. But if can get the engine out of the way enough, will just keep using this one.
Thx guys. More tinkering to do. .