Thread: YERF 250 swap
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

got hit w/ an influx of custy repairs so ive havent been able to keep on this like i would want to but today i got to spend the day on it. one thing that has kept me from completing the front end is the lack of a steering shaft. it will need to be longer than a stock yerf and the longer shafts that i had laying around were from my joyner and a baja reaction 250. same shaft but neither will work. the diameter of the coupler is smaller than that of yerf stuff. i looked around the shop but no luck, so i order the material i would need to fab one, and added expense so i bit the bullet and ordered enough to make a few in case i need to do it again. i hate being held up unexpectedly waiting for parts and disrupting the flow. so be that as it may i had the day so i figured what could i do that i wont regret doing because i didnt wait for the shaft. i started by working on the rack mount, dangerously close to the steering department but what the heck. first i had to measure the offset of the yerf rack and figure the difference in throw from left to right so i could figure out the offset of the mount. then it was just figure what and how i wanted it to look and mount and fab it up. got it fabbed but decided not to weld it til the stuff gets here. so i m oved on to the cage. i wanted to utilize the stock main hoop and shoulder bars so i had to figure out how i wanted to tie them in and weld them and have it look kosher. i had some 1 1/2" tubing cut them into 5" sections , notched them and split them. i trimmed the tubing where the main hoop and shoulder bars get flattened out to bolt on to the tabs and basically sleeved them and welded them up. before i did all of that i had to square the main hoop up w/ a ratchet strap and welp the bars to the tabs then welded up my split section overlays and ground it all down to look somewhat organic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0408.jpg (90.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0409.jpg (89.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0410.jpg (95.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0411.jpg (88.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0412.jpg (92.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0413.jpg (97.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0414.jpg (94.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0415.jpg (84.7 KB, 9 views)

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX